Skip to content

3rd Party Integrations with ClockShark

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to integrations between ClockShark and other companies. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.

42 results found

1. Add API Integration

Adding API integration would allow users to develop 3rd party applications to gather data from this system and put it into a common data base where other important company data exists.

The purpose would be to allow users to begin to look at KPIs specific to their business which would include the data form this application.

One of the biggest problems that I run into as a small business is figuring out how to integrate all of the different information systems within our organization. API makes that an easy solution to this problem.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, thanks for the continued support and votes for this idea!

We have increased the number of integrations we have and also have an integration with Zapier to help you connect with thousands of other services.

An open API is not currently in development, due to demand for other features and improvements. But please keep voting and sharing your comments!

2. Integrate Google Calendar Into Clock Shark

Our team all uses Google Calendar for scheduling so it would be wonderful if it could be uploaded to Clock Shark anytime changes are made.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

3. Recording Absences

When an employee is away due to illness, training, etc., they should be able to easily login and indicate "Absent - ill" or Absent - training" or Absent - vacation, whatever. Currently we have made up jobs called "Absent" and tasks" called ill. Also, they should not have to indicate a time frame if it is all day.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, thanks for sharing your comments, feedback, and votes for this idea!

It is starting to kind of combine a couple different ideas into one so I just wanted to get some more information.

First to Justin’s point, this is definitely possible with our PTO/sick time features. The employees could request the day off sick and be able to see how much sick time they have left directly from the mobile app or the website. When requesting this time off, a card is placed on both the timesheets and schedule automatically.

But for Stacey’s original idea, it sounds like you are wanting a “sticky note” kind of feature. With this you would be able to write a note of any type and place it on the timesheet without any time associated with it. Does that sound right? And would this be an admin only option or a permission…

4. Fix / Complete Zapier Integration

We choose this platform specifically for it's Zapier integration.

However, it is missing critical components:

Break button doesn't trigger a clock in/out event...this is the biggest problem. Also, I cannot disable the break button functionality, and it doesn't work like it should (like a clock out/in)...so I absolutely cannot ensure consistency with an integrated app, at all.

Manual Time card entry addition also does not trigger events...creates the same issue.

Then things that are just plain missing, like 'Create Schedule Entry' action.

It's great that you guys are working on connectors, but if they're not complete enough to even force…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Zapier  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey there, thanks for providing feedback and providing and area for others to do so as well.

The Zapier integration is super powerful and definitely something we would love to improve as more and more people make use of it. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

5. Mapping jobs to Sage 100 Contractor by Job # instead of the description

Currently when mapping jobs from ClockShark to Sage 100 Contractor, it maps based on the description. Our job names in Sage are almost never the same description they are in ClockShark. So currently none of our jobs automatically map, I have to do them manually.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

It does currently map based on the names of the jobs in ClockShark and Sage, so if those match then it will map. But I can definitely see how the job number would be a more accurate system if done properly.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

6. when new job is added in QuickBooks have it also enable gofence in clock shark, so we don't have to manually do it

when adding a new job to QuickBooks and then it updates in to clock shark have it enable the gofence. This eliminates having to manually go in to enable it.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  QuickBooks  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

7. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Marc! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. The Google calendar integration is pretty new, so we’re eager to here feedback like yours on how it’s working for you.

8. Edit Job Stage via Zapier

I'd love to be able to edit job stages via zapier. I currently use Trello to manage projects, and I wish I could set up a Zap so that once I archive a card (aka a job) in Trello, it automatically changes the job status in Clockshark to "complete".

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Zapier  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Ben, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I could definitely see how a new action to change a job stage could be useful in lots of situations.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

9. Add employee file or ID numbers

Employee file or ID numbers attached to each employee and visible on the timesheets and in reports would reduce any errors of persons with the same last name. This would also be an easier way to search.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Rose, thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

I definitely agree, we just added the new Employee ID field but there are some areas we can add it that would be super helpful.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

10. Allow custom field from QuickBooks to be mapped to Job Number

Would be extremely helpful for us if we could map one of our custom fields in QuickBooks to the Job Number field in Clockshark

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

11. Export to QuickBooks notification

Add something like a symbol onto the timesheets for that week that tells you whether the timesheets for that week have been exported to QuickBooks. Currently unless you check QuickBooks there is no way of telling on Clocksharks if a timesheet has been exported or not.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support.

12. Sync jobs as projects in Quickbooks Online

We would like for jobs to sync as projects in QuickBooks Online rather than as sub-customers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  QuickBooks  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. expenses

Ability for an employee to add expenses, if they are ok'd to do so.
    Need box for: billable, and reimburseable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Restrict the Export timesheets button to Admins or as a permission granted access only.

This should not be tied to managers who can edit timecards. Only the payroll admin should have access or individual who has granted access to export to the payroll processing site should have this ability.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  ADP  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Wendy, thanks for sharing your idea with the community!

I can see this as an important feature to update, especially as we continue to grow.

15. sage 50

Integration with sage 50

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Tynan, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I definitely think there would a lot of value and use with this integration. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

16. Xero Integrations > Map Tasks in Clock Shark to Xero Budget/Chart of Accounts

Map Tasks in Clock Shark to the Chart of Accounts in Xero

For example in CS I track that 2 hours were on demo at a job. If demo is paid at 20/hr then $40 ends up getting assigned to the chart of account. In my case, Labor:Demo for the tracking category "JobName" It'd be awesome to see this level of integration so we can run accurate budget reports in Xero.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

17. Integrations with ITTT, Trello, Pipedrive

Would be great if you can integrate with pipedrive and Trello please. Or with a company like ITTT etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks so much for the feedback, Andrew. We are looking ahead to making many strategic integrations, so I love to hear what software you use and would like to integrate with ClockShark. As people start voting on your idea, we’ll begin to assessing what to build, and when.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know! I love hearing them.

18. Tabitha

Integrating job tracking to export to Xero, pointless having job tracking if we cannot export all details into Xero. Paying $3000 for a Ai system to be generated for us is a high expense when we are already paying for a service. This would make payroll functions so much quicker, and many companies would use it if targeted for this reason as most programs do not offer this. Most Contruction companies' job track due to budgeting for a job. Currently we have to edit the ClockShark report to match Australian pay guides and also have to key all this into…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Invoices map to sub customer/project in QB

When I export my invoices to QBO, it exports it to the customer even if a job was associated to the invoice. Then I have to go into QBO and update it to reflect the job for it to show in projects. If the customer has paid the invoice before I export it, I then also have to go into the payment and assign it to the invoice. The payment I leave at the customer level because changing that makes a HUGE mess. Both the invoice and the payment should export to QBO as the job if one is indicated,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 Way Sync for Clock Shark and QuickBooks Online.

Have the ability to do 2 way sync instead of having to check the option Clock Shark to QuickBooks Online or vice versa.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?