Skip to content

ClockShark Mobile App

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the ClockShark Android and iOS mobile apps. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

121 results found

1. Edit & Save Attachments within app after uploaded.

We would like to have a form filled out each day for various jobs. Allow editing an attached pdf within the app instead of having to edit/upload/delete/edit/upload etc. etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Allison, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

2. GPSTrak

I believe the GPSTrak should work regardless of whether the user closes the app on their device. Having an employee easily be able to disable their tracking by closing the application makes it too easy for them to circumvent an important feature of this software.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone thanks for sharing your feedback and concerns.

We are always working to improve the GPS functionality and close any holes that are being exploited. This is not something that is that easy to do with the way the devices work and the limitations imposed by the Android and iOS operating systems. We do expect that we will keep making improvements and are working on that always. There is also a degree of employee education involved and at times when employees are doing the wrong thing they will need to be talked to. Please feel free to share any additional concerns and we will keep working to deliver the best GPS experience possible.

3. CrewClock: Allow Managers to Clock in crew with their specified time.

For example, crew starts at 6:30 am, but the manager doesn't start clocking in the group until 6:34 am. Currently, with CrewClock you clock in the crew and it registers at the current time of when you clock in the crew. It would be helpful for managers if on the mobile CrewClock the manager could select the specific time to clock the group in to eliminate the need of having to go back in at the end of day to correct each timesheet.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

4. On the "Who's working" screen I want to see the latest location ping.

When I look at the "Who's working" screen on my phone, I can only see where someone clocked in at. These guys will clock in on the next job they are going to before they leave the job that they are on and when I look at my phone to see who's working, it shows me that the person is still at the other job. I want that screen to show the latest location ping instead. It makes much more sense. I don't want to have to go to another screen and push buttons to figure out where someone is.…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Mike, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We did just release the GPSTrak feature to be functional on the Who’s Working Now screen, so now you can skip through your employee’s pings while they are clocked in just like you can on the timesheet.

This does not displayed the most recent ping first though, that would be a separate feature. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

5. gps tracking based on movement

It would make a lot of sense to us that the software report GPS location when the employee's phone stops moving for a certain amount of time (say 5 minutes) after they leave a certain radius (say 100 yards) of their last stop. Our problem is when an employee drives to the store (like Home Depot to get a few 2x4s) and he's there for 10 minutes, many times the location pings him near (not AT) the store, then the next ping comes 15 minutes later when he's back at the job site and we have no idea where he…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

This makes a lot of sense thanks for sharing the feedback. We are always looking for way to GPS tracking in future updates so your feedback will be considered in that process.

6. View Full Schedule/See all scheduled employees

I have seen this suggestion 2 times but the I think there is a communication break down on what is being requested vs what is a current feature.

We are looking to have a Single view from the App where we can see All Employees, at the same time, on one screen, for the day.

We understand that you can go employee by employee but that is not what is being requested. I know for our use case this individual viewing does not do much as we we work in teams of at least 2-4 people.

Having a way to…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Kevin! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it receives support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Justin! Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We actually do have the ability to add videos as attachments! We do have a 25MB limit on attachments, which is pretty standard. So they can only be shorter videos. Do you know how long of videos you would like to add?

A good solution might uploading that video to something like Google Drive or YouTube and then just sharing the link through ClockShark!

8. maps accuracy

A few of our field crew have reported that map directions from clockshark have taken them to places not even remotely close to the address entered into the jobs address field. I experienced the same thing yesterday where the location it took me to was 2 blocks off.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Doug, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have run into this a couple times on the support side. Usually what we find is that it tends to be an issue with Apple Maps.

Every map provider has a different database catalog of addresses, so an address might show up on Google Maps but not on Apple Maps, or vice versa. Sometimes, addresses with use “Street” instead of “Avenue” andyou can actually get a location that is completely different like you were saying. Google tends to have a more complete database, so I usually recommend that. But I have seen issues with both.

On Android phones, you can set your preference on which map service to use, but with iPhones you are stuck with the default of Apple Maps. That is something we are trying to get around by offering a choice of which map provider to…

9. Ability to add, edit, and manage employees from the mobile app

be able to add employees and change/check passwords from mobile

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Benjamin, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

As we continue to grow we want to also keep expanding the amount of work you can do on the mobile app as well. In the meantime, you can always to go clockshark.com on your mobile phone browser and add employees through the website while you are in the field.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

10. Push Notification Flag

Check Box / Button that can immediately send notification to Admin, or others based on Job that links to a specific time clock entry.

Could be used when task is complete and ready to bill out.
    Or

Just something that needs to be addressed (notes / attachments) and noted now rather than later when time sheet is reviewed.
    Maybe a order delivery was shorted , etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Coleen, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see the value of this idea in providing a greater communication and workflow, but I would love to get some more specifics.

Are you wanting notifications around the status of a job or new developments for it? Or are you wanting notifications just based on notes on an employee’s timesheet? Or kind of both options, or something new? I would love any more feedback, thanks!

11. Mobile Clock in System

A clockshark mobile clock in system so employees dont need to use their phone and data to be tracked. I would love one to keep in the work truck.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Janelle, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

Some companies take advantage of our KioskClock and they will just keep a company tablet in the work truck so employees can clock in with that and not have to use their personal phones. This won’t track their location throughout the day, but it will grab their clock in and out locations. If they are just going to be at a single worksite this is perfect!

12. We'd like to have the option to disable the START BREAK option in the app.

Different groups of workers might require different rules for breaks. For example, one group gets paid for all breaks while others don't get paid.
    If the administrator could disable the option for those workers, then it'd be easier to manage their timesheets

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Jose, thanks for the feedback and allowing other to vote and comment with you!

Just wanted to grab some more information. Are you trying to disable the break button for people that have all of their breaks paid for?

In cases like this, you could create a job/task called “Paid Break” and then users could simply switch to this job instead of starting a break. Normally we have people request the break button to be disabled so that people don’t have two breaks with the automatic break option.

But I would love to get more information of your specific workflow!

13. Add feature to app where I can see employee's real-time location tracks mapped

Similar to on the website where I can click on the compass icon to see the locations all mapped together in one spot, linked together with lines

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Love this idea and I think this should definitely we something we should add as we continue to improve the mobile app!

14. mobile version verification

can we get a web notice if a new version release for either android or apple is not applied to a users phone after a week of release. it would save me guessing if my employees are operating on current versions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hi there, thanks for the suggestion! We’re working on ways to better make sure employees stay on the current version of the mobile app. We are thinking about providing a notification feature for the employee that prompts them to download a new version when one is available. We’ll continue to monitor how well this works and look at other ways to improve visibility.

15. Auto Clock In & Auto Clock Out, Based on GPS Location & Geo Fences

I would LOVE to see the option on Clock Shark !!

There are already other products that offer the same functionality of Auto Clock In & Auto Clock Out, Based on GPS Location & Geo-Fences.
    Its offered by a company called (My geo-tracking) they call it a touchless time card & it doesn't even require an app to be installed on the phone.

The only issue that the online dashboard and setup process for us managers is complicated and confusing.
    clock shark is much more user-friendly.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

16. allow user to access running budget on the clockshark app

Right now only admins have access to running budget. If app user has access to running budget he can manage time more efficiently. Right now we have to keep a spreadsheet to track and notify user of running budget. Please add a feature so app user can have access in real time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

With our recent release, we have a new “edit jobs” manager permission that allow employees to manage and edit jobs they have access to on the website as well as create new jobs as needed.

With this, they will be able to set, view, and edit the labor budgets for the jobs they have access to also! This is only available on the website at the moment, however, they can open up the website on their mobile device.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

17. Make the PTO function available while using the Kiosk

It would be great to have the PTO function available on the Kiosk!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Matt, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this would be useful for some companies. Just to gather some more information, how are your employees using PTO at the moment? Are they using the mobile app or website and what are the issues you are running into with these versions? Thanks for any feedback!

18. Optimize routes for schedules with multiple jobs on a single day

Automatically schedule jobs in the best order based on address for a route to be completed most efficiently so that driving time is minimized.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

This is something that would be very cool and provide a ton of value as well.

Currently, you can use other software like route4me.com in order to accomplish this. But it could be very valuable to integrate this kind of technology into ClockShark itself.

19. GPS Tracking - Job Specific

I would like to have the option on each JOB to require/not require gps/location tracking (versus tracking ALL the jobs or NONE of the jobs)
    Our contractors get paid for "drive time" (example: picking equipment up from one location - taking to job site). We have jobs "drive time - pick up equipment" so the contractor knows where to go, etc. However, in order for them to clock in for that "job" gps/tracking has to be disabled in the company settings. So, since gps/location isn't required for clocking in - contractors can clock in and out wherever they want to. …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Kimberly, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Just wanted to grab a little more information of your specific workflow. Why does the GPS have to be disabled for them in order to clock in? Our GPS settings are per employee because most employees want to track the status of the work being done for everything the employee does throughout the day.

If you are worried about getting out of bounds emails and reports if they are going to be away from the jobsite, you can make a task “out of bounds exempt.” That way you won’t get bothered with all that, but still get the tracking.

Thanks for anymore information you can provide!

20. Create a way to add a tempory day labor employee from Crew Clock or Kiosk

We use a lot of temporary day labor employees. Sometimes they may only work 1 or 2 days.It would be great for us to have the ability to add an employee on the fly. We use the quickbooks integration and I understand that the employee wouldn't map to a QuickBooks employee. But neither does a job when created on the fly. A notice is created when exporting and it requires to be fixed,

Couldn't there be a way to create hours worked for a temporary employee using maybe the Kiosk feature. Just add a first and last name log-in and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Using the workaround provided below is going to be the best solution for the time being.

It would be quicker than adding employees all the time not to mention being cleaner without have multiple temp employees on the timesheets, schedules and reports.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base