Skip to content

ClockShark Mobile App

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the ClockShark Android and iOS mobile apps. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

121 results found

1. Add mileage capture

Add a function to capture Mileage at the start of the day, start of a job, or at the start of a travel task. It would be great to give the option to assign the travel to a job that is already loaded. Even better would be to photo the odometer and the system transfers that to numbers. Key would be an excel export so that it can be loaded into pay programs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. texting

Be able from the website or mobile to send a text.

additional information not in the job that we need the guys to perform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a Docket function in the work tab.

Add a Docket function in the work tab, that way employees can get their work signed by the customer each week

job details

line items

hours

equipment used

ability for employee and customer to sign

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. warn if employee tries to clock out without clocking out their crew.

We have people that forget to clock their crewmate out, because when they open the app it goes to the normal time clock and not to the crew clock.

If in the morning they clocked someone else in with them through crew clock, It should warn if they try to clock out without clocking out their crew.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Who's Working Now

When using the app in Who's Working Now. It would be nice to have a filter option to see and select the department that we want to monitor. This would help out each supervisor to have a choice on what crew/department they are in control of.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other/General  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sign Off from app with signature included.

IDK why this hasn't been added on yet but, I would like for Supervisors to be able to DOC U SIGN timesheets with their signatures through the app instead of needlessly wasting paper and getting physical signatures. This way once payroll comes around everything is already signed off when reviewing our payroll hours.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bulk Edit Job Geofence Setting or Automatically Enable Geofence Setting

In the Jobs menu, bulk select jobs then an option to Change Geofence setting, drop down menu to choose either enable or disable for all selected jobs. This may operate similarly to "Update Job Stage" option.

Alternatively, you could have an Company Wide Account setting that automatically enables Geofence on jobs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How Can I turn off the Schedule alerts?

I would like to turn off the schduled alerts? How do I do that? For example( I.e. If my worker is scheduled at 8am but clocks in at 7:35am,I get a alert and an email) Id lik to turn this off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to send out company wide message/phone number in whose working now

We would like to send a message out to employees when there is an issue that affects the whole company. For example, when we have a snowstorm and we want to send our employees home early it would be nice to send out a message in one format.

We use the "who's working now" feature not only as a management tool but as a way that employees can see who is close by in case they need a hand or a tool, etc. Having the phone number would be very handy.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Bryan, thanks for reaching out to us with your ideas.

I had a couple of questions just for clarification. It sounds like this is kind of two different ideas, is that correct? Or were you wanting to text people from the Who’s Working Now page?

We have another idea that is similar to this, where you would be able to have a pop up message for users when they open the app.

And then for the phone numbers, are you wanting to text them directly from ClockShark, or just have the numbers visible for easy access?

Thanks for any additional information!

10. See Comments from Schedule

Our technicians have said that it would be great if when looking at their schedule on the app, if they could click on the job and see the comments for that job.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey again Jordan!

This is definitely something we want to add as it would allow much faster access to comments, viewing the customers assigned, and more.

I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for a future project. Keep on voting and we will give you updates.

11. Time Card Details suggested based on Schedule

Our crew unanimously prefers to clock their timesheets via the Manual Timesheets option. While this is fine with us, it has been often suggested within our company that ClockShark include a feature that suggests an editable timecard based off the employee's schedule. (i.e. It looks like you were on X Jobsite from X time to X time, doing X task. Is that correct? Did you take a break?) The employee can then adjust the timecard for accuracy.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Joanna, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

I can definitely see that being really useful if you did work your scheduled shift that day and need to do either no edits or light edits.

I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for future projects. Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

12. Optional Widget for quick actions

A widget for use on mobile homepages could be useful with shortcuts to features, such as quick punch in or out? Plus the widget would be bigger than a standard icon so could be useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey there Buffy, thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

If I’m understanding correctly, you’re looking for a widget that you can place on your smartphone instead of having to open the app and take an action.

That is an interesting idea. With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

13. Add privacy options for employees to access customer information

I would prefer if I could choose to make the customers personal information private, allow the employee to see the customers first name and potentially last but not allow them to see the email, address, and phone number. I run a small cleaning company and this app is perfect however I have high turnover and I do not feel comfortable having the customer information available for all employees to see. It would be great if I could designate different levels for employees like Trainee, Team member and supervisor and those designations have different privacy levels. That would be great or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Sara, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Just for some more feedback, what different types of privacy levels would help you? Like view customer name, view customer comments/attachments, view contact information, etc.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

14. Job Card accessible from Schedule view

First - Kudos to Quinn and your other support staff. Your team is always fun to work with.

Our crews use the schedule feature each morning to view which job they will be working on. It would be helpful for them to click right into the "job card" from the schedule as they clock in vs. searching for the job (extra work).

Our office is listing special notes (which vehicle, trailer, tools or other important notes) we would like them to see ASAP within the workday.

It seems clicking on the "job name" from within scheduling should take you to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Doug, thanks so much for your feedback!

Always glad to hear good things about our amazing support team.

As for this idea, I can definitely see how this workflow could benefit your team and others as well. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

15. Automatic Refresh When Opening App

When there are updates made from Admin, the employees do not know and have to be told to refresh the app (sometimes they do not understand because they speak another language and someone has to translate). I think that it would be a really great idea for the app to automatically be refreshed when the app is opened.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  JT Abbott responded

Hey there, thanks for the idea and feedback!

This is something we are looking into to as a possible improvement as it could be very useful for both admins and employees. I will keep you updated on the progress made.

16. Separate permission for Edit time and Create time on the mobile app

I want all of our employees to strictly clock in. They should be able to edit own time, but not create manual timesheets. These should be two separate check boxes.
    "Allow edits to own time and creation of manual timesheets via mobile"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Joseph, thanks for you sharing your idea with us.

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

17. Add day of week indicator to IOS date/time selector

When retroactively adding time, the start and end date/time selector dial would be much easier to use if there was a day of the week indicator next to the date (e.g., Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun). Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey there, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us!

Currently, we are using the default iPhone date selector which does not give the option for showing the day of the week.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

18. Approval Banner on Mobile Timesheets

Add an Approval banner to mobile timesheets to show employees when their times have been approved at a glance.

Currently, the only way to know if your time has been approved on the mobile app is to try editing a past time punch. We would like employees to be able to do a quick scan over their timesheets for the pay period and make sure all of their times have been approved.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Jamie, thanks for providing us with this idea!

I think it is great idea that could provide value for both employees and admins alike.

19. Permissions Report

It would be helpful to be able to run a report of what permissions have been granted to employees. Since everything has to be done, one person at a time, it would be helpful to either be able to print out what permissions have been assigned, or export to excel that information, to make sure that the same permissions have been granted to certain types of users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey again Cindi, thanks for providing your continued feedback.

I can definitely see this being helpful as our permissions get more detailed.

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, let’s see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

20. Have the ability to create crews/teams, or assign employees as supervisors and tie people to them

I think it would be awesome if you could create a crew or team, or check a box and make an employee a supervisor/foreman and then be able to assign people to those supervisors. When you create the supervisors schedule it auto-populates the assigned crew members the same schedule.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Ryan thanks for reaching out with your feedback.

We actually do have something similar to this. With our Departments and Locations feature you can create a group of employees. This can be things like “Field Crew 6”, “Oregon Team”, etc.

When creating a schedule you can schedule it for the entire department/location that way an entire group of people get the same schedule all at once. You can also create a shift for one person and then “copy” that shift to the rest of the team.

Let me know if this is helpful or you have anything other questions!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base