Skip to content

ClockShark Mobile App

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the ClockShark Android and iOS mobile apps. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.

24 results found

1. Allow a forced ping to be performed for GPStrak

With GPStrak sending a gps ping on occassion is great, but if you were able to press a button or something to make an employee's ping. That way you can see where they are on request rather than waiting.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for sharing this idea. Making a GPS “Blast” feature that could conservatively refresh all the locations of employees is something that our customers have begun asking for. Keep sending in those votes so that we know when exactly to build this for you.

2. Auto Clock In & Auto Clock Out, Based on GPS Location & Geo Fences

I would LOVE to see the option on Clock Shark !!

There are already other products that offer the same functionality of Auto Clock In & Auto Clock Out, Based on GPS Location & Geo-Fences.
    Its offered by a company called (My geo-tracking) they call it a touchless time card & it doesn't even require an app to be installed on the phone.

The only issue that the online dashboard and setup process for us managers is complicated and confusing.
    clock shark is much more user-friendly.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

3. GPSTrak

I believe the GPSTrak should work regardless of whether the user closes the app on their device. Having an employee easily be able to disable their tracking by closing the application makes it too easy for them to circumvent an important feature of this software.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone thanks for sharing your feedback and concerns.

We are always working to improve the GPS functionality and close any holes that are being exploited. This is not something that is that easy to do with the way the devices work and the limitations imposed by the Android and iOS operating systems. We do expect that we will keep making improvements and are working on that always. There is also a degree of employee education involved and at times when employees are doing the wrong thing they will need to be talked to. Please feel free to share any additional concerns and we will keep working to deliver the best GPS experience possible.

4. Make GPS ping time adjustable

Make GPS ping time adjustable between 5 minutes and 30 minutes in 5 minute increments per employee. That would allow for tighter control on troublesome employees and looser control on good employees.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Hi Glen,

This is a really great suggestion! Currently, ClockShark updates an employee’s location at 15 minute intervals. This is a conservative interval that ensures that employee cell batteries aren’t taxed by using their GPS.

Thanks for explaining why a different interval would be so helpful to your company. As your idea catches steam here on our voting page, we’ll look into adding that to ClockShark. :)

5. Have an address shown when clocking and out. Not just location on map

When our employees are our of town they tend to clock in when they get close to the job. Sometimes they could be 15 minutes from the job.
    On the map it looks close but if we had an address shown we could calculate the exact time they are "squeezin" in

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

6. Add a time stamp when an employee enters and leaves the GPSFence™ Geofence Area.

A time stamp would show when they arrived and when they left the jobsite in case they forgot to sign in or out from a job site. This would stop alot of guess work for employee and employer.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

7. GPS needs to be more accurate and current.

GPS should update every 10 minutes and needs to be more accurate with current position.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thanks for the continued feedback on this issue. Like Cliff said before, a lot of this is reliant on the device of the user itself for the accuracy of the GPS.

For anyone with any questions or issues about that aspect I do recommend reaching out to our support team via chat on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689).

GPS updating on a more frequent basis is something that could be done in the future. Right now we feel like the 15 minutes is a good balance of information provided while keeping the battery usage low as well. But keep voting and this will be something we look at!

8. Alert for Clocking In with Location Services Disabled

An email or some other type of notification is sent when locations are disabled after being clocked in.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

9. On the "Who's working" screen I want to see the latest location ping.

When I look at the "Who's working" screen on my phone, I can only see where someone clocked in at. These guys will clock in on the next job they are going to before they leave the job that they are on and when I look at my phone to see who's working, it shows me that the person is still at the other job. I want that screen to show the latest location ping instead. It makes much more sense. I don't want to have to go to another screen and push buttons to figure out where someone is.…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Mike, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We did just release the GPSTrak feature to be functional on the Who’s Working Now screen, so now you can skip through your employee’s pings while they are clocked in just like you can on the timesheet.

This does not displayed the most recent ping first though, that would be a separate feature. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

10. The ability to enter landmarks for GPS Maps

When looking at the map for status of employees, if the job addresses were entered as a landmark it would be easy to determine exactly where they are without having to zoom all the way in. While approving time for the week and looking at the activity for each day, if a landmark such as their home address was input and showed up on the map view, it would make approvals much easier.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for sharing this idea, Kristin. Making your review of the employees GPS data as easy as possible is definitely our mission, so we are going to closely monitor the support here for your idea, so that we know exactly when to build that for you and other customers. :)

If you have any other questions, or suggestions, about how we can improve ClockShark for you, please let me know @ hello@clockshark.com.

11. ability from Schedule to click on employee and get current location

ability from Schedule to click on employee and get current location of their vehicle

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for sharing this suggestion! We prioritize the ideas with the most votes, so as folks vote, we’ll look to add this to ClockShark. Please let us know if there’s any other feedback you have!

12. Continuous, accurate tracking.

Our need for continuous, accurate tracking is greater than battery, storage concerns. 45 minutes to 4 hours without tracking defeats the purpose of that part of the program.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Hey Joslyn!

The app will collect location updates at 15 minute intervals while the employee is clocked in. Continuous tracking will quickly use a mobile battery, so that is why the interval is set to 15 minutes.

If you aren’t seeing any GPS Data for employees, please reach out to our happy-to-help Customer Service team, and they can assist in understanding why the GPS data isn’t arriving. It definitely should be.

13. gps tracking based on movement

It would make a lot of sense to us that the software report GPS location when the employee's phone stops moving for a certain amount of time (say 5 minutes) after they leave a certain radius (say 100 yards) of their last stop. Our problem is when an employee drives to the store (like Home Depot to get a few 2x4s) and he's there for 10 minutes, many times the location pings him near (not AT) the store, then the next ping comes 15 minutes later when he's back at the job site and we have no idea where he…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

This makes a lot of sense thanks for sharing the feedback. We are always looking for way to GPS tracking in future updates so your feedback will be considered in that process.

14. Disable Warning

Please add the option to disable the "GPS is not enabled!" Warning. Such as a "do not show warning again" checkbox.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for the suggestion, Rick. That’s currently enabled to remind employees that their locations may not be transmitted if the Location Services aren’t turned on. I’ll share your suggestion with the development team to see if that’s something that is possibly optional.

15. Showing what jobs have the GEO fencing enabled in the Admin job list.

Would be nice if there was a symbol added in the job list under Admin that would show the jobs that have the GEO fencing enable. When new jobs are added by Quickbook a person has to remember that the GEO fencing has to be set in the Admin section of Clock Shark. I have had to go through and open up each job to check for GEO setting. Would be less time consuming to just glace down to list to see which jobs had not been set.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Doris, thanks for sharing your feedback with the community!

I can definitely see how this could be easier, especially with the import process making sure that the jobs are correctly set up.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

16. maps accuracy

A few of our field crew have reported that map directions from clockshark have taken them to places not even remotely close to the address entered into the jobs address field. I experienced the same thing yesterday where the location it took me to was 2 blocks off.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Doug, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have run into this a couple times on the support side. Usually what we find is that it tends to be an issue with Apple Maps.

Every map provider has a different database catalog of addresses, so an address might show up on Google Maps but not on Apple Maps, or vice versa. Sometimes, addresses with use “Street” instead of “Avenue” andyou can actually get a location that is completely different like you were saying. Google tends to have a more complete database, so I usually recommend that. But I have seen issues with both.

On Android phones, you can set your preference on which map service to use, but with iPhones you are stuck with the default of Apple Maps. That is something we are trying to get around by offering a choice of which map provider to…

17. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for sharing this suggestion! We prioritize the ideas with the most votes, so as folks vote, we’ll look to add this to ClockShark. Please let us know if there’s any other feedback you have!

18. It would be helpfull to see all fences for all job sites

I'd like to see all fences for all job sites so if an employee leaves one job site and goes to another and doesn't switch jobs, I can see that and not assume they are trying to steal time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

19. expand geofence capabilities

I have a property mgmt business for properties located across a 1.5-2 mile radius, run by both office and a maintenance team. As a result, the current smaller radius of geofencing requires employees to clock in/clock out even if they are on duty...just because they travel across zones. If you can't expand the geofence radius, which is ideal, can you allow geogence zones to be contiguous, like a cloverleaf or polygon, so that employees only get prompted to clock-in or -out when they really leave the "shaded area" or zone overlap that comprises the entire portfolio? Thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

20. Location not updating alert for admin

Send the admin an alert when an employee's location data hasn't been recorded at the expected 15 min interval.

This way if the employee closes the app, or for another reason it isn't being recorded, action can be taken to correct it while minimizing lost location data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hi, Jesse! Thanks for sharing your suggestion on ClockShark’s Voting Forum: we love to get your feedback! This is an excellent suggestion, and we have started to hear this more frequently. One of the major difficulties in implementing this kind of alert is that it would also fire when employees’ devices naturally cannot provide ClockShark with a location (for example, if an employee is working outside of GPS and cell signal). But it sounds like just having that notification would be helpful, so you can check in with the employee and see what’s causing it.

Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base