Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

68 results found

1. Updateable to-do style checklists as Part of the Schedule process

Would be great if we could add an updateable checklist within or as part of an employee Schedule. In it's most basic form this list would be to show items completed in line item form. advanced versions would allow comments on particular items as well. This would simplify employee follow up with out requiring significant data entry on the part of the Employee.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. calendar with holiday

I noticed when I am going to schedule, there are no days marked that legal holidays fall on. So I don't schedule work on days people are closed
    IE Thanksgiving, Christmas , New Years, etc

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey James, thank you for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

That is a good idea and something that would help a lot of companies.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

3. Add ability to right-click on a scheduled item and simply add a star to the item.

We manage several field technicians on the schedule. We schedule in advance as much as possible. It is important for us to call the customer at the beginning of each day to CONFIRM the appointment. Many customers forget their appointments and are not there when our tech arrives. Currently we have to edit each item to note that the appointment is confirmed. Being able to just click on an scheduled item and attach a star (at the very right end) with a click would be very convenient. And save a lot of time on editing as we have many appointments…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Scott, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

It sounds like you need a way to better communicate if an appointment is confirmed, whether that is through your idea or some other method.

One thing other companies may do for similar things is to use the Job Color to denote that status. Or also to use our Job Stages to quickly label and filter jobs. Both of these can be changed right from the scheduler as well.

Let me know if either of these ideas help or any questions.

Otherwise, with as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, let’s see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

4. Ability to add a tag, color change, or other information for individual days of a schedule job

We clean properties. Some cleaning days are "quick turns," meaning same-day, and others have scheduling flexibility and can be moved forward several days. A visible way to differentiate the two would be amazing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

After some communication, this was a date-specific issue not a job-specific issue.

The best workaround at the moment would just be to add some notes to that scheduled shift. Then on the schedule when you click on that shift you can see those notes.

Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

5. In the scheduling window add shift - where the date and start/end time are selected can you display the day of the week that is selected.

When you set a new schedule it defaults to the current date. Often we are just focused on setting the time and not noticing the date selected is not the date we want. If it showed the day of the week it would be a visual clue on date selected. We tend to work day of the week rather than date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  JT Abbott responded

Hey Guy, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

I have good news for you, we are currently in the process of updating the add time and add schedule controls and this is one of the improvements actually. So these will be released shortly, I will let you know when they are.

6. Making the Day a hyperlink to that Day's schedule

When viewing schedule as "week", "2 Weeks", or "Month" make each day a hyperlink so when we click on it we are taken to that particular days schedule. It would be helpful when fine tuning schedule, I will lay out jobs for weeks in advance and it would be nice to be able to click on a particular day to go to that day and fine tune jobs so nothing over laps or I can see where there are gaps.
    Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Mark, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

Thanks for sharing your reasoning behind this as well, it really helps.

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, let’s see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

7. Schedule new shift from home page with the blue + New button

The blue + New button on home page is very convenient to add job, task or employee. I'd suggest adding "schedule shift" to the + New options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Leo, thanks for providing us with your feedback!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, lets see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

8. More Options on the Scheduling Page

There are a lot of work arounds for my suggestion but all are TIME CONSUMING.
    - Customer information attached to the job should be accessible.
    - Ability to change the color within the schedule without having to go to the "Jobs" box on the left, which is supposed to be the most recently scheduled jobs but it never is. The work around is to filter, but you leave the schedule page and that filter is gone.
    - Attach files
    - Change job status, currently to do this you have to go to the jobs tab, doesnt seem time consuming but…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thanks for sharing all of your feedback with us, it is very useful as we continue to improve ClockShark. Like you noted, there are work arounds for a lot of these ideas but none are too pleasing to use.

I added your votes for existing ideas, but left this up for new ideas, specifically the opting out of start/end time. Does the “all day” shift work for you in this situation or what else would you like to see?

9. Selecting multiple tasks when assigning a shift

When adding a shift it only allows for one task to be selected. It would be nice to be able to select multiple tasks to be completed throughout the duration of the shift.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Mike, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us.

Just as a follow-up question, what kind of things are these tasks usually? Is it more like a to-do list or checklist of things they are marking off as complete?

Or is it just something else you want the hours allocated to? Something like additional equipment?

Any additional information or examples would be much appreciated, thanks!

10. Ability to reorder jobs after the scheduling with drag and drop

When I drag and drop jobs to the schedule it would be great if they stayed in the order I drag them over and not rearrange themselves alphabetically or numerically. I list my jobs as addresses. A lot of time there is no set time for completion of a job, just once the employees are done they proceed to the next job. So if I have a job at 4 Main St And 9 White St in my job list, I drag 9 White St over to the employee schedule for them to go to that job first, then I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey there, thanks for sharing this idea with us!

The calendar will automatically go by the schedule times, but when the time matches (like with all day shifts), then the calendar is alphabetized. This is a great idea and would allow users to create more of a scheduled flow rather than having to edit the job name or put in start/end times.

I will bring this to our team so we can discuss it for future projects. Since we have tons of ideas, we tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

11. The ability to change the view of the Schedule to Full Screen/Calendar only

Our company would like to have a 50" TV in our Tech Room that can display the schedule for the next week or 2.

Making the ClockShark schedule view full screen would be perfect!

I'm looking into a way to view it in calendar form via Google or Outlook Calendar but the ClockShark view is way easier to read as it shows it per employee.

Doing this would also allow our managers to have their schedule on a separate monitor for quick glance access.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Cole, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us.

This is a really cool idea and I think it could be useful for other companies also.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

12. Reminders on calendar

Rather than a task or job, a REMINDER feature for the calendar would be very helpful. Being able to create recurrent reminders would be even better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hello again Jennifer, and thanks for your feedback!

I can definitely see how this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies.

Let’s have people vote on this and see how much support it receives.

13. Get rid of the end of a job requirement to allow jobs to repeat indefinitely

I have a senior care business and unless we lose a client or an employee the job doesn't end. I end up forgetting to go in and reschedule the job so then it just disappears off the schedule.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Jessica, thanks for providing your feedback with us!

I think this could be really useful for lots of different companies and work flows. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

14. Change the Break Button so one can choose between Paid Meal Break (Duration: 30 min) & Paid Rest Break (Duration: 15 min)

Would like to schedule breaks when scheduling each shift. Should have drop down boxes to allow flexibility in nominating Meal Break and Rest Break (no need to have Lunch Break as only applies during the day). As different companies / countries / states have different laws drop down boxes to select the length of the breaks would be better. Auto breaks don't work for us as each employee needs to be able to start and finish their breaks as their work allows. As we need to be available during breaks, if called away can resume break when free to do…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you so much for providing your feedback with us!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

15. I would like to only have certain Team Members on the schedule.

Not all of our employees are scheduled for jobs. Some of them are in the office and some are activated just to see other's schedules and make edits. I would like to hide certain employees from the schedule so the schedule looks cleaner.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Allison, thanks for sharing your idea with us!

That is a good idea and selecting “defaults” around other parts of the website could be a good addition as well. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

16. Saving filters

When applying filters,make a way to save your filters. After applying filters, when you click on something else in ClockShark then go back you need to make your filters again.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I know I would use this a ton and I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

17. Field Input for Scheduling for Administrators and Employees

Put a field in the scheduling that would let administrators put in notes, pics and files that could be seen by the employee and field for the employee to put notes and pics.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Kevin, thanks for sharing your idea!

Just wanted to grab some more details here. The schedules do currently have an area for the admin to provide notes for the employee. And the employee can edit those notes if they have the correct permission, or they can just leave a note on their timesheets.

The only thing that we don’t have currently is the ability to add files/attachments to the schedule notes. So that would definitely be an improvement!

Is there anything else I am not understanding though?

18. Display work week instead of full 7 days

I would like to be able to hide weekends from the schedule

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Andrew, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

There are definitely some improvements we would like to make around the website which focus more on a user’s personal preference and I think this would fall under that category. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will add this!

19. Extend Shifts by dragging edge of cell sideways.

Can you like in float create a way that you can extend shifts by dragging the edge of the cell sideways and it copies previous info automatically:

You can currently grab the edge of the shift and drag it to the next day ... but it does not actually schedule it once you leave it, it just jumps back to where you dragged it from.

Like when you grab a cell in excel you can copy it just by dragging it across or up and down I want to be able to do that..

I know that said can you…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Chrisco, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

20. Different Straight Time Work Schedules by Employee

Certain Union agreements or agreements with local DOL allow for working 4 x 10 hour days at straight time (if Employee Voluntary agrees). It would be nice to toggle alternate schedule that would reflect OT beyond 10 hours.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Coleen, different OT rules is always something that comes up because everyone seems to have a little different rules depending on the state, country, industry, etc.

We do have the option to set daily OT to 40 actually, but are you wanting this OT to apply to only certain employees.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base