Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

88 results found

1. Mark job site locations on the clock in/clock out map

It would be very helpful to show the location of active jobs on the map showing employees clock in and out pings. As of right now, in order to verify that employees are not clocking in or out off site, if I'm at all unfamiliar with the exact location of a job, I need to search the job address on google maps on a separate screen, and compare that to where the employees clock in and out pings are on the ClockShark map. GPS fencing is already a thing, so I imagine showing the location of jobs on the actual…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey there, thanks for sharing this idea and providing others an opportunity to vote with you!

This is something we already tackle with our GPS fencing! While we don’t show the fence all the time (which might be your request) we do show the fence if the employee leaves it. If you enable the “out of bounds” notification as well as the GPS Fence for that job, we will check if your employee clocks in, clocks out, or leaves the GPS fence while they are on the clock. Any time they do, there will be an “out of bounds” notification which you can click and will show the GPS fence with respect to their clock outs.

The idea is to only show you the fence when something goes wrong, that way the map is cleaner and less cluttered. You can see this in action here: https://help.clockshark.com/en/articles/2944415-how-to-use-the-out-of-bounds-notification .

Let me know…

2. GPS flow per day not per clock in clock out

Would like to be able to track the gps location of my employee per day not every clock in clock out. I want to track where they are at during the day confusing when you have to look at 4 different gps locations rather than the flow of the day.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey James, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I think this would be a great user experience for the future. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

3. Weekly Timesheets with Detail

I would like a report with more than a Summary Page. I have requests for more details, Time IN, Lunch OUT and BACK times, Appointments - Time OUT and Time IN, and end of day Time Out, plus the notes field with Appointment detail, or including PTO if that is available. Notes could be on a separate page with date and employee name or in a log type format. Not on the same Detail page. Places like Work Release like to see that detail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Jean, thanks for sharing your feedback and ideas! This definitely sounds like an expanded request for the Employee Details report. Adding the break in/out times to that report and then also a second page of time stamped notes for each employee might be the way to go. Do you think that would solve your request or is there anything else that would be missing?

4. "Time/Hours Remaining" Display

We give our crews "hours goals" and program in the total hours a job is allotted. We can set the notifications to alert us at a certain point, but our guys have no idea how many hours are left. Yes, they can write it down and do a little subtraction each day, but you know how that works. If they could see a "time remaining" window I think they could better meet their productivity goals.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Brian, thank you for sharing your idea with the community.

I can see how this and more kind of project management features would be useful. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

5. Automatic Meal Breaks: Allow feature to customize which hr the employee takes their meal break

Our employees take their meal breaks at their 4th hour worked. Currently the auto meal break feature time stamps their meal break at 12 pm - 12:30 pm as our auto meal break is set for 30 minutes. We love the auto meal break feature, but our crew starts early at 6:30 am and the meal break is applied at the incorrect time for them. We then need to update each employee's meal break for each employee manually to correct the time the meal break was taken. It would be great if it is possible to set at which hour…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

6. Export Jobs Selectively

To be able to export selectively,
    Some jobs end mid-week and some are on going. I would like to select one job at a time and export it to QuickBooks to be able to invoice that client without exporting all clients still active.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Cristina, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how this would be beneficial for certain workflows. A work around might be creating a Department/Location for a job and then exporting based on departments.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

7. Detailed timesheet summaries

I would love to be able to keep track of hours and have them summarized in separate categories. We pay different rates for different types of work, and right now I have to pull those hours out and calculate them manually. Also, we pay different taxes for work in different locations. It would be great to automate/keep track of that in ClockShark.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Melanie, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

This is an interesting idea, but could be implemented so many different ways. I would love to get some more information. How are you trying to separate these hours? Are you wanting to view these by task, job, employee, calculate the pay based on everything? We do have the Pay Rate report that does do some of this, is there anything that is missing for you?

8. Ease the Accessability

I dislike the new design where I have to click the three lines on the right side under Add Time to access my different Departments. I miss when it was readily available before this last update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Annie, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

This is one of those features that some enjoy and others do not. It would be really nice to have an option of smaller display features that you could enable or disable.

9. Allow me to undo manual updates

Allow me to undo manual updates

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Wadih, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to gather some more specifics are you wanting to undo edits made to time or something else?

10. Being able to add time for a whole department at a time

I would absolutely love it if I could create a group of employees when adding time to the time sheets. I have a group of 11 employees that are hourly, but guaranteed 40 hours/ week. It would be awesome if I could just click on a group name to add their time each day instead of clicking each individual name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Adam, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I definitely agree and think this would be a great feature. We do currently have this as an option for the scheduler but not on the timesheets.

11. Show OVERTIME DETAIL on the DETAIL REPORT!

Show the Overtime Detail on the Detailed Time Sheet Report!
    Right now, I have to print 2 time sheets for each employee, each week.
    The regular 'Time sheet' shows overtime, the Detail Time sheet does not!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Lynn, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I would love to get some more information on the workflow you are trying to accomplish. What information is on the detail report that is not on the timesheet report? What information specifically are you trying to get and show to the employee?

12. Auto split task (time clock entry) when rolls into OT

While punched into system when OT is reached (if tasks not excluded from OT) have the system generate a separate punch for the OT.

Also on the master CSV export have a field that ID's ST or OT etc.

I manually split time card entries into the ST & OT portion (since I am entering every item rather than from the Summary). I then Cut & Paste into Sage 100 Con

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey again Coleen, thank you so much for giving us your feedback!

The good news is that we do have an area on the CSV export for regular time, overtime, double time, PTO, UPTO, and more!

As for the actual splitting of time, there are a lot of rules and situations surrounding overtime that don’t really fit with having them as separate punches. Especially when every company does things a little bit differently. Hopefully the breakdown by type in the CSV export can work for you.

13. Daily Hours Manual Entry Per Task

At the end of the day the supervisor can enter in each workers hours per task, not start and stop times. This would also apply to personal time entry for each individual.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

14. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

15. copy entries

copy and past on timesheets

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  JT Abbott responded

The work on this feature has been started. This also includes some new features to both the timesheets and the schedules. Exciting things coming soon!

16. Flag Overtime

In week veiw, having a feature where we could flag overtime entries or even change that color from red to yellow, until the OT is resolved or Approved by Admin or Manager. Could be automatic and send an alert to the employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Julianne, thanks for providing your feedback with us!

As we continue to go and refine certain features I could definitely see us adding something like this and I think it would be very useful.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming features, so please keep voting!

17. Utilize widgets on Time Sheets

On time sheets, when you click an employee's time, perhaps a pop-up to edit or view a day or week instead of a complete redirect to a new page, so you don't have to go back to the top of time sheets and scroll down to where you were in order to move onto other employees' times. Or maybe just a widget to quickly edit an employee's time while still in time sheets, without a redirect to a separate web page to do so.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion, Brooke! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

18. Clock rounding to the nearest 1/2 hour.

Clock rounding to the nearest 1/2 hour. The 14 minute rounding does not work with some payroll companies setup.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for adding you suggestion to the Voting Forum! We prioritize the ideas with the most votes, so as more users support your idea, we’ll get to work on it! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or questions. :)

19. Real Time Job Status -All employees

Ability to see the current day showing the employees status- what job he completed(Blue Colored) what job they are currently on(Green Color) Travel time should be automatic if they clock out from one job to the next activity. (option that can be selected by admin) I have a screenshot of a software used at my previous company. I could send it over.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

20. Simple Suggestion - Change the terminology from "Breaks" to "Meals"

Federal Labor Law Terminology...

"Breaks" are paid.
    "Meals Periods" are unpaid.

In Clock Shark, the terminology is "Breaks" for unpaid time.

Simply change "Breaks" to "Meals" and the wording will make sense.

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/workhours/breaks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hey There, Stan! Thanks for the suggestion about changing the language of “Breaks” to “Meals”, and for including a helpful link too. We’ll send this over to our development team so they can look at it; but per usual, we’ll also leave it open here so other users can vote with you on it.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base