Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

88 results found

1. Add the ability to insert a note on a specific day, without having to add time. Such as when an employee takes a vacation day or is sick.

For example,
    John Smith, did not work. On vacation today.
    or John Smith, did not work. Took personal day.
    Something to have a reference for that particular day.

276 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

Reading this idea, and all the comments below, I can see that the consensus is that administrators would like a way to designate an Off/Holiday/PTO day, without having to insert any time for an employee. Currently, in ClockShark there is an available workaround that’s equivalent to the feature being requested.

If you’d like to see how to designate that an employee will be taking (or took) a day off, Morgan from our Customer Success team explains how to do that here: https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/SkNhqgi9Kc

Feel free to let me know if this video is helpful, or if you have any other suggestions/ideas regarding how we can improve ClockShark for you. I love hearing your ideas.

2. Add a separate field for Equipment/Parts/Tools/Materials Used

Add a Parts/Tools Used Field, much like the notes field.

In our line of business we use all sorts of tools and do many runs for parts everyday, a place to input those aside from the notes field would be superb! Please and Thank You!

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

3. Users classified as hourly "employee", salaried "superintendent", or "subcontractor "

I would like an option to specify different types of users that would clock in. For instance, a user could be an hourly "employee", a contracted "subcontractor", or a salaried "superintendent". All of their time needs to be allocated to active jobs, but compensation may not be tied to actual hours worked.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

This is a great idea, and one that we receive more-and-more, especially with larger companies. Please keep your votes coming, folks, so we know to add this in a future update.

4. Gives employees an option to mark per diem for overnight stays

When an employee has to stay over night our company pays them a per diem. Currently they can leave a note saying they had an overnight but it would be nice if there was a box to check that would also show up in the reports ran with hours worked. That way after the employer runs the weekly hours they wouldn't also have to open up all of the notes to see if there is an overnight.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

This is a really great request, and it’s one many folks have begun to bring up. Please keep voting your support for this idea, and we’ll consider adding it in a future update.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let me know. I love to hear them.

5. Scope of Work Access/Punch List/To Do List

Our employees would appreciate a link to access the scope of work. Currently there is a limit to the length and it is also not user friendly. Even better would be a way to check off the punch list as they complete the tasks.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Still really like this idea, and it has a ton of uses. Would be really nice to keep more information in once space.

As we continue to grow and expand our job functionality I could definitely see this becoming a feature. Please keep voting and giving us your feedback!

6. Give the notes section some love! (Admin-approval, notifications, time-stamps, calendar view!)

• See notes from a calendar view.

• Dashboard notifications for recently created notes

• Ability to approve notes/ OR viewed option similar to the check box that removes the error message when you forget to clock out?

• Allow notes editing even after job completion (with a time stamp)

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

7. Allow the users to download lists of the current active employees, jobs, and tasks.

From the website, being able to download CSV lists of the current active employees (maybe name and email listed), as well as jobs (with name, number, address, description), and tasks (name and number). This would be a super quick and easy way to view everything in the system and not miss anything.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

This currently an option if you contact our support team, they will be able to get you all this information!

But I think this would be a really valuable resource if the user could do this. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

8. Client Reminders

Some of my clients require appointment reminders. It would be extremely helpful if the software could send an automated email to clients for whom we've turned on that feature. If client is on the schedule then "x" number of days before appointment send quick email with appointment date and employee they can expect.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for sharing this idea on the Voting Page, Abena. Adding features that allow customers to interact with ClockShark is a visionary idea, and one that customers continue to ask for. Let’s let folks vote for this suggestion so we can consider adding it in a future update.

9. Last date of service

It would be helpful to see the last date service was provided for a customer and perhaps a notes section for what was done on that date, this would be extremely helpful for warranty issues for our company.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

10. Have the ability to receive notifications per department as opposed to all users

I have to review labor hours on a specific group so I'd like to be able to only receive notifications from that group and not company wide.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

11. Bi-Weekly Overtime

Our employee overtime can be calculated over a 2 week period, i.e. and time over 88 hours in a two week pay period is considered overtime.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

A more robust OT feature would be convenient to have, especially if your company follows a different overtime policy than 40 hours a week. We’ll keep monitoring this for votes, so please share your thoughts below, everyone.

12. Bulk Editing of Jobs and Employees

Admins should have the ability to bulk edit jobs, tasks, employees, etc. It's so tedious to add or edit multiples entities at once, especially if you're trying to find something specific and have to click into each one to find out.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Brooke, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. Just to gather a little more feedback, what specific fields are you wanting to edit in bulk?

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

13. Be able to choose what days are shown on the schedule page

It would be helpful to adjust the company settings so that the work week is Monday through Friday. I don't like seeing Saturday and Sunday on the calendar, and when you're setting up a repeating schedule for 3 weeks in a row at a certain job, right now I have to check the box for "weekly", and then select M, T, W, Th, Fri individually because if I just select "daily" then it schedules the weekend as well.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll be introducing pay periods very soon, so feel free to check back in to see if that helps. :)

You can always reach me at cliff@clockshark.com if you have any other questions or ideas.

14. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

15. Setting overtime rates for specified shift times in the day

Having more options for overtime pay and rates would make it easier to manage payroll. We have some work that has to be completed outside of normal working hours, this means that we have to work night shifts which come with a specific overtime rate (based on the hours of work). Being able set an overtime rate linked to specific working hour, between 20:00 - 06:00 for example, would be more useful than simply being able to set a rate for working over 8 hours a day.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Adrian, thanks for providing your feedback with us.

I think this could help a lot of different companies with lots of different workflows and industries. However, with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

16. status.clockshark.com

Web page that tells whether or not ClockShark's servers are working. This would help users determine whether or not the problem is with the user's network. It also allows for transparency. For example, see these status sites:

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Hi Andrew,

This is a really excellent idea: thanks for sharing those links to give our development team an idea of how you would like that feature to appear.

We’re going to keep our eyes on this idea here (thanks for posting it) so that when enough votes have been collected, we’ll know to build it. If you have any other ideas, or suggestions, I’d love to hear them @ cliff@clockshark.com.

17. Invoice

If this had the ability to make an invoice that integrated with QuickBooks that would be awesome. Right now we have to use a separate ap for that.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and support for this idea.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

18. Customizable date/time format

The date and time format should be somewhat customizable, I like to use an ISO date/time (which is eg. 2016-10-31 15:30:00) both for view and download. Converting, especially with this am/pm time is not always so straightforward besides of driving me crazy :/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

19. Hazard Assessment

Anyway to integrate a hazard assessment into clockshark???

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

At the moment you can attach a template PDF of this daily sheet to a job and then users would be able to download that daily on their phone, sign it, and then attach it to their shift.

Is there another way that you would like this to be handled?

20. Batch job name replacement before exporting!

My guys usually make up an easy name to remember a particular long term job. My QuickBooks usually has a more detailed name. I have to go one by one and change the job name day by day for each employee to get it to the right job name before I export the week.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Matt, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just wanted to get some more information on your current work flow. You can just map that ClockShark job to the QuickBooks job without changing either name. And when you run the web connector, the QB should overwrite the CS job name.

Or you could also just change the name of the job in ClockShark without having to edit all the times. Does that sound like something that would be easier for you?

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base