Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

88 results found

1. Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

Allow me to edit a start time while the employee is clocked in. It would save me having to keep a paper trail until the end of the day.

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and comments for this idea!

This idea in particular is a little tricky because it is a big change that can affect lots of aspects across the entire platform. But as we grow we will continue to assess the ways that we can meet the needs of our users.

2. Daily Hours Manual Entry Per Task

At the end of the day the supervisor can enter in each workers hours per task, not start and stop times. This would also apply to personal time entry for each individual.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

3. copy entries

copy and past on timesheets

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  JT Abbott responded

The work on this feature has been started. This also includes some new features to both the timesheets and the schedules. Exciting things coming soon!

4. Force punch in/out for employees

Administrators/Employers should be able to punch employees in and out with having to use the crew clock function on the mobile app. For example, if an employee shows up without his cell phone one day, or goes home and forgets to clock out. Admin should be able to force punch that employee on/off the time clock immediately. Also for employees that like to milk to the clock at the end of a shift can be clocked out by admin.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey there, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

For some greater feedback and to clarify, would the admin be clocking the employee in via the website? I could see that as an option.

As far as your other suggestion goes, you can actually clock employees out from the website. If you head to the Who’s Working Now screen there is a little “x” in the corner of the employee’s card on the left and you can use this to clock them out.

5. Edit Entire crews time sheets at once

We need to be able to edit multiple employee time sheets at once. If I have a crew leader clocking in and out for entire crew, I want to be able to edit the entire crews time at once. If we set up departments, I would like to click on that department and give a clock in and a clock out time for a day and it is distributed to all time sheets for that day in that department.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

6. Have TimeSheets show live current hours employees have worked this week

I need the ability for the timesheets to show live what the current hours are for employees instead of waiting until they clock out. If it is Thursday at noon and I need to know which employees are approaching 40 hours right now I have to look at timesheets and then look at how many hours they have clocked in for today and figure out how many more hours they can work. I would like to have that live in one place.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for the excellent suggestion, Mike. Currently, the TimeSheet displays completed time, and the Who’s Working Now screen shows the time in-progress.

If an employee is clocked in, however, on the TimeSheets screen (beside their name) it will show the job and how long they’ve been clocked in, so you can “ball-park” the time the employee has totally worked.

I like your suggestion of having to-the-minute accuracy, so we’ll keep watch on this idea and the support it gathers so that we know when to add it. If you have any other suggestions, I’d love to hear them.

7. Use Local Time Zone

I didn't find any previous articles for this issue. My company is based in Oregon (PST) but has employees across the country. It appears that all time entries are converted to PST. This makes it very confusing when adding brakes, looking at time, etc. I would very much prefer that the punches were recorded in the local time zone.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

8. View more than a 7 day range ...

I am in the process of doing payroll, and I do not see the option to change the date range of more than just 7 days when looking at Timesheets. I would be nice to have the option of changing the range from more than 7 days (or freedom to choose the date range, other than the span of only 7 days).

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone thanks for the continued votes and comments!

We just had a recent improvement to our Timesheet approvals and part of this meant an improved date selector on the Timesheets details page. So once you click on a date for an employee you do have a date selector in the upper left you can use to view up to a month at a time. When you are just viewing an employee at a time, it gets a lot easier to display more information.

The Timesheets themselves are still capped at a 7 day range because displaying anymore can really get messy, especially when you have lots of employees. But hopefully the date selector above helps you! Otherwise please keep voting!

9. Show Budgeted Hours when viewing Time Sheets by job

When in the Time Sheets tab, can you please show the budgeted hours when viewing "By Job." That data should be really simple to include on this page. A simple bar graph would actually be even better, but at least the budgeted hours should be shown during this view. Currently, the only way that I can see how to view budgeted hours vs actual is by going into the Admin Jobs section. Thanks.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for the great idea, Matt. Seeing the budgeted hours against the worked hours would be extremely helpful.

10. automatic clock out options

an option to automatically clock employees out after a specific time of day instead of "after 23 hours" (ie. automatically clock John doe out after 8pm). That way they can clock in the next morning if an admin doesn't catch it in time.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

11. multiple time entries with one posting

The ability to manually add time with mulitple days. So lets say "john" doesn't have the ability to clock in himself, no phone, older and doesn't use a smart phone, etc. Manually, you can clock him in from one dialogue box from 8-4 with a lunch at 12 on:
    Mon x
    Tue x
    Thur x
    Sat x
    without having to post it four different times.
    or to be able to open someones time card and add him to it if they worked the same shift

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

12. "Who's working now?" screen: show recent clock outs for several hours after

Have employee location pins show up partially transparent (or gray) for several hours (8?) after the employee clocks out so we can see their last clock out location on the Who's working now screen. This way we can see an overview of who's still working and finished working that day.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

13. Automatic Meal Breaks: Allow feature to customize which hr the employee takes their meal break

Our employees take their meal breaks at their 4th hour worked. Currently the auto meal break feature time stamps their meal break at 12 pm - 12:30 pm as our auto meal break is set for 30 minutes. We love the auto meal break feature, but our crew starts early at 6:30 am and the meal break is applied at the incorrect time for them. We then need to update each employee's meal break for each employee manually to correct the time the meal break was taken. It would be great if it is possible to set at which hour…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

14. Can you add a button to jump from one employee to the next one from within the window where we edit the daily or weekly timesheet?

Can you add a "jump" button that allows us to cycle through our employee list from person to person from within the time sheet individuall editing window? This would speed up our daily review of labor entries by allowing us to proceed quickly from one employee to the next. Perhaps in addition you could create an option to choose a specific employee from a drop down list allowing us to jump out of listed/alphabetical order in case we need to reference another person on the same team?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I think this would be a really valuable resource for lots of companies. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

15. Time stamp notes

we go from unit to unit and would like to track time in each unit. Since this is not available in tasks without adding items to quickbooks (which will not work for us) I would like to either have a sub task or time stamp in the notes.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for sharing your idea, Bill. Out of curiosity, can you explain how a sub task would help you track this? Are you seeking a way to just not export the time from each task to QuickBooks?

Anyone who has an idea of how they would like to see this feature implemented, please let me know here, or with your votes. We will consider adding it in a future update.

16. Allow minimum hours for showing up and clocking in on site.

Allow the app to automatically apply a minimum number of hours when clocking in. In many states, if not nationally, we already have to pay a minimum number of hours just for showing up. Being an inspection firm we charge a 4-hour minimum and this is passed to the employee in their pay. If clockshark could automatically apply this rule (with a minimum amount option) it would significantly decrease the time spent on payroll for us.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

This is a great suggestion, Brian. I remember being paid for a minimum of 2 hours in certain states, so your suggestion make perfect, logical sense. Let’s let other folks vote on it so we can understand if this is a widespread need and something we need to build for you.

17. After viewing an employee's time by pay period, want to Advance to next emp. w/o using Back button.

Throughout the pay period I go through time sheets to see what I can approve, and to call employees with any questions I might have. I use the "pay period" view for an employee, to see more detail. Would like a button at the top to be able to advance to the next active employee, rather than having to use the back button and then scrolling down to select a different employee, then having to click on one of their shifts in the current week, go back to the detail page, and re-select "pay period" for the view.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. No Lunch option

I'd like to see a "No Lunch" option that would allow the person in the field who worked through their lunch to select and not have lunch taken out of their time worked. This would also save time in the office so that we aren't spending time removing a lunch that was automatically added to the employee's time.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

19. Have clockshark correctly account for time that crosses into a new day instead of recording on the day they punch in initially.

If an employee works 9PM on one day until 3 AM the next morning the time should be split on the appropriate day to ensure time is accurately recorded in the correct payroll day and week. The way it is now could create a potential overtime situation that should not be overtime if it is not recorded properly at the end of a payroll cycle.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for your feedback, Michelle. We are still trying to perfect how ClockShark should handle an overnight shift. It’s currently set to what it is, since it seemed to work well for most of our customers.

Obviously, you need it to work a little differently, so we’ll look into this more for you and explore updating that feature. If you can, would you like to share the ideal situation for how ClockShark should handle time that goes beyond midnight?

20. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers great support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base