Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

413 results found

1. merge duplicated jobs

If there are duplicated jobs, need a way to merge them into one job if time has been entered

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you all for supporting this idea with votes and comments.

I definitely think this would be incredibly useful, especially when things are crazy manually merging jobs with a tedious process is the last thing you want to do. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

2. Allow for Mileage to be added to a specific job.

We allow our employees to use their own vehicles and reimburse them for that mileage. I wish there was a way we could track that on this app.

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, thanks for all your votes and comments! This is one of the more popular ideas and definitely a feature we want to build.

At the moment there are a lot of other ideas that we think are going to provide more immediate value. But this is still very much on our radar and something we will want to address. Please keep the votes and comments coming!

3. 63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  JT Abbott responded

Happy to announce the work on this project is underway. Soon each admin and employee with certain manager permissions will be able to set their own notification terms.

4. Allow customers/clients to view reports for their Jobs

Provide a way for customers/clients to access reports for jobs, so they can track progress and billable hours.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

5. Budget Report that shows budgeted/scheduled hours vs. hours actually worked

We would like to run reports by certain jobs to show our actual hours spent, verses our budget projects to see where we stand.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

In previous updates, we mentioned that you can see the budgeted hours vs. the actual hours work on the Jobs list page. However, some people wanted their crew leaders to see this information without making them admins.

We do have a new “edit jobs” manager permission which allows employees with this permission to view/edit Jobs just like admins can.

This allows you to assign this power to employees without having to make them a full admin.

We would still like a report of scheduled/budgeted time vs. actual time worked, however. Thanks for the continued support!

6. Use Local Time Zone

I didn't find any previous articles for this issue. My company is based in Oregon (PST) but has employees across the country. It appears that all time entries are converted to PST. This makes it very confusing when adding brakes, looking at time, etc. I would very much prefer that the punches were recorded in the local time zone.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

7. Photo of Employee

It would be nice to have a photo icon of employees in the system since sometimes it is hard to remember everyone's name.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Let me arrange employees on shift page

This way I could group people working together. I don't care about alphabetical order.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

This is in need of an update! While you cannot manually change the order of the employees on the page, you can select which individual employees you want to see.

You can also select pre-made groups by using our locations/departments you can view certain people at a time so you don’t have to view everyone.

We also have a PTO/sick time feature that you can enable and have employees request time off, approve time off, and everything shows up automatically on the Timesheets and Schedules!

And to Stu’s point, if shifts have the exact same times listed, then we just list them alphabetically. But if you give shifts times like Job A is 10-12, Job B is 12-2, and Job C is 2-5, then everything displays correctly!

9. Add option for certified payroll work

We have employees working on several different jobs. Some tasks require certified payroll (Davis-Bacon). Would like ability to include check box for certified payroll--on a task basis.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, just wanted to provide an update. This is always going to be an option going forward, but at the moment it is a little out of the scope of what we are trying to accomplish here at ClockShark.

We do track all the necessary time information within ClockShark and the CSV Export report includes all the details you need for certified payroll. If anyone is looking for certified payroll, we do have an affiliate relationship with Points North and you can request more information here. https://www.certifiedpayrollreporting.com/clockshark

10. Allow me to set my work day, say from 7 am to 9 pm and then when clicking on the time

Allow me to set my work day,
    say from 7 am to 9 pm and then when clicking on the time, I dont have to scroll from, 12 am to 7am
    Make it a user defined default but if I want I can start the clock at 5 am on the odd time that may happen.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

This is a great idea and something we definitely want to implement as we continue to improve the scheduler to be even better.

Please keep voting and commenting as the more support this gets the faster it will get built!

11. Autogenerate employee passwords

it would be easier if you could automatically have a password generated when you add a new employee. Then they would get an email with the password and would be allowed to change it on their first login to something they can easily remember.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When importing employees from QuickBooks Desktop, a password will be auto-generated for employees, and emailed to the employee.

Employees who are added manually to ClockShark will need to have a password manually created, but they too will receive an email with their login information. If they log into ClockShark from a desktop, they can customize their password to be something easier to remember. :)

12. Autogenerate new job numbers

Have an option for the system automatically generate new sequential job #s for each new job added

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I could definitely see this being a useful tool for everyone. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

13. 34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

1 2 17 18 19 21 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base