Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

490 results found

1. Separate the manager permissions for certain groups (e.g. modify time cards for myself but view schedules for my crew)

We have several employees that need to view the schedules of our field crew. They also need the ability to enter a time card via web for themselves. In order to allow them to view the field schedules, we have to allow them the right to alter the field time cards, as those admin rights are bulked together. You should separate those rights by placing the view schedules in the upper rights section.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Approvals  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Steve, thanks for sharing this idea for others to comment and vote on.

I know that would be something that is super useful! For now you can give that employee permission to view the schedules for that crew, and then use the checkbox up above that gives them permission to edit their own time via mobile. This way they can view the schedules and only edit themselves, the only downside is they won’t be able to edit on the website.

2. Employee Contact Reports

Allow me to pull reports and quickly see employee "information" details (i.e. user/password, hourly rate). It is annoying to have open each employee profile to verify that the hourly rate is correct or get phone numbers. It would also be nice to be able to add Job Titles

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Nicole, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how a quick report to get the employee password, email, role, and other information would be super useful.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

3. Caps Locked

...when we log in, is there a way we can be reminded that our caps are locked. I locked myself out for the first time because my caps were locked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Wes, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I think that is a small improvement that could be useful for everyone.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will add this!

4. Different divisions in a company

If a company has different divisions such as Property management and Construction, the employee could choose which division, the job, and the task.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Jeff, thanks for providing your feedback with us.

We do currently have Departments/Locations where you can group your employees however you need. Just to get some more information, is there any reason you want the employee to provide this information themselves? What is your goal with this information?

5. 2nd PAY RATE.

2nd PAY RATE Option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Pavlo, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

6. Detailed timesheet summaries

I would love to be able to keep track of hours and have them summarized in separate categories. We pay different rates for different types of work, and right now I have to pull those hours out and calculate them manually. Also, we pay different taxes for work in different locations. It would be great to automate/keep track of that in ClockShark.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Melanie, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

This is an interesting idea, but could be implemented so many different ways. I would love to get some more information. How are you trying to separate these hours? Are you wanting to view these by task, job, employee, calculate the pay based on everything? We do have the Pay Rate report that does do some of this, is there anything that is missing for you?

7. I have many times where I am going back and forth between the schedule and creating jobs and the interface gets overloaded and just starts

I have many times where I am going back and forth between the schedule and creating jobs and the interface gets overloaded and just starts spinning. I have to reload the entire platform and then sift back through the schedule to find where I was last working.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey again Maya! Thanks for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

One thing that might be helpful is a “add job” button on the scheduler so you don’t have to go back and forth between the pages. Also just have two web tabs open and refreshing between the two usually helps as well.

But there shouldn’t be any troubles with the web page loading itself. If that is still happening reach out to our support team on the website, email (hello@clockshark.com), or phone (800-828-0689)!

8. Allow What 3 Words to provide addresses for Geofencning

Allow What 3 Words to provide addresses for Geofencning

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Samuel, thanks for your suggestion! I’ve never heard of them before but they have a very interesting concept.

I can how this would be super useful when trying to find a specific location, like the office of a worksite, a certain door or gate, and things like that. You could paste the three words in the schedules for an employee for an example just so they get the information. But they won’t be able to click on that as a link at the moment.

New integrations are always an investment and with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

9. when employees are notified about schedule changes, actually let them know what changed. Not just a blank statement of change.

When we click the tab to notify employees of schedule changes, it would be nice if the notice would include what date(s) actually changed on their schedule. Presently, they get a generic notice that just says there was a change.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Andy, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Dan, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

We don’t currently do this because we think the format might get a little messy. Just for more feedback, how would you want this to look? Each job broken down with the notes taken and by whom?

11. It would be great if there was a way for a map to show all active jobs for logistic planning

When scheduling jobs it would be nice to be able to look at a map with pins of active jobs. This would help with scheduling logistics for multiple locations.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

12. Attachments

Help me avoid duplicates! Would be terrific if there was a way to visually know I previously downloaded an attachment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Tammi, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

At the moment, downloading a file just starts a process with your computer itself. So the best course of action would be to check your downloads if you have the file already.

Besides that, with limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

13. Add PTO for multiple employees at a time

I would like the ability to add PTO (vacation time) to employees all in one input instead of one day at a time.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Denny, thanks for the idea and allowing other to vote and comment with you!

Just to confirm, in a recent update we did add the ability for an admin to add PTO days for an employee. Both single days and multiple days. It is currently one employee at a time though.

But I think that is a great idea that could save lots of time! With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

14. notes from Quickbooks

pull notes section from Quickbooks to scheduled notes on clockshark

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Jobs & Tasks  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Lauren, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

Just to gather some more feedback, what notes section on QuickBooks are you referring to? Our notes in ClockShark do currently transfer over to the notes section on the employee timesheets in QuickBooks.

15. Being able to add time for a whole department at a time

I would absolutely love it if I could create a group of employees when adding time to the time sheets. I have a group of 11 employees that are hourly, but guaranteed 40 hours/ week. It would be awesome if I could just click on a group name to add their time each day instead of clicking each individual name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Adam, thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it.

I definitely agree and think this would be a great feature. We do currently have this as an option for the scheduler but not on the timesheets.

16. Allow job adding when logged into kiosk mode

Would be great if an employee could add a job while he is logged into the kiosk mode...at this point, it seems this option is only available if they are logged into the crew clock mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Carre, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how that would be useful. Just to get some more feedback, what kind of employees are using the kiosk at the moment? Are these employees out in the field with a crew or are they generally at a set location like a warehouse or a job site?

17. Show OVERTIME DETAIL on the DETAIL REPORT!

Show the Overtime Detail on the Detailed Time Sheet Report!
    Right now, I have to print 2 time sheets for each employee, each week.
    The regular 'Time sheet' shows overtime, the Detail Time sheet does not!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Lynn, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I would love to get some more information on the workflow you are trying to accomplish. What information is on the detail report that is not on the timesheet report? What information specifically are you trying to get and show to the employee?

18. Auto split task (time clock entry) when rolls into OT

While punched into system when OT is reached (if tasks not excluded from OT) have the system generate a separate punch for the OT.

Also on the master CSV export have a field that ID's ST or OT etc.

I manually split time card entries into the ST & OT portion (since I am entering every item rather than from the Summary). I then Cut & Paste into Sage 100 Con

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey again Coleen, thank you so much for giving us your feedback!

The good news is that we do have an area on the CSV export for regular time, overtime, double time, PTO, UPTO, and more!

As for the actual splitting of time, there are a lot of rules and situations surrounding overtime that don’t really fit with having them as separate punches. Especially when every company does things a little bit differently. Hopefully the breakdown by type in the CSV export can work for you.

19. Add custom fields with grouping ability in each area "Jobs, Tasks, Employees"

In Company Settings, you would ID field names for different areas.
    + Then you could Assign "Task custom Field" to a job and all Tasks would then be added.
    + Type of Employee "Supervisor" could be given right to see all Employees assigned to them
    + You could group "Types of Jobs" T&M, Gov't contract, homeowner etc
    This would allow greater flexibility to the Company and allow a variety of different uses with the same "Custom Fields"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Coleen, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

This is great idea that combines really three separate ideas. One is to have tasking groupings, two is to have saved “roles” you can apply for employee permissions, and the three is to have job groupings. All fantastic ideas that we would love to implement in the future. I would like to split this idea up though into three different ideas in order to track them individually.

If it is okay with you, I will convert this ticket into the “job groupings” one, I will create and new ticket for the saved roles, and there is an existing ticket for task groupings here (http://ideas.clockshark.com/forums/921697/suggestions/35108215). Does that sound okay?

20. Different Straight Time Work Schedules by Employee

Certain Union agreements or agreements with local DOL allow for working 4 x 10 hour days at straight time (if Employee Voluntary agrees). It would be nice to toggle alternate schedule that would reflect OT beyond 10 hours.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Coleen, different OT rules is always something that comes up because everyone seems to have a little different rules depending on the state, country, industry, etc.

We do have the option to set daily OT to 40 actually, but are you wanting this OT to apply to only certain employees.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base