Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

28 results found

1. Have option to automatically exclude weekends from time off requests.

If an employee is taking a long weekend- Thursday through Monday, for example. They should be able to do so without two seperate requests in order to not have Saturday and Sunday counted as Vacation days. This is something that could easily be added to the admin portion of setting up time off policies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reports for Time Off - restructure

It would be very beneficial to see the actual paid time annually off when pulling reports. Currently shows declined / pending / taken / approved as one total.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give admin the ability to edit time off policies.

Admins are currently unable to edit time off policies. If the user makes a typo or the like while creating the policy, the policy must be deleted to fix. This is massively inefficient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the option to mark 0 hours in a day

It would be nice to mark a calendar date as 0 hours (or Vaca/Sick, etc) so those pulling reports to process payroll don't wonder if the employee forgot to clock in/out and save time tracking down answers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Financial Report for PTO Wages Earned

I would like to see a Financial Report for wages earned for Paid Time Off for each employee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatic PTO Increase After Tenure Reached

We 100% agree with this previous request by another customer:

Automatic PTO Accrual Increase after Tenure
    I have 3 separate PTO accrual policies and they are all based on tenure at the company. Currently, I have to track when each employee started and manually change their PTO accrual policy when they reach a certain Tenure period. It would be great if I could put in a date and it would automatically change their PTO accrual rate when they reach that date. I have already had employees get mad at me for not changing their PTO accrual rate after 1 year.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set up the alert to have an e-mail sent a day before the time-off taken by an employee

Is it possible to set up an alert to have an e-mail sent a day before the time-off taken by an employee? That would be very helpful for managers/supervisors as a reminder. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to assign hours per day to employees for PTO applications. Default is 8 hours per day, our guys work 10 hour days.

Paid Time Off defaults to 8 hours per day. Would like the ability to assign a roster to each employee, hours per day, days per week. Our guys work 10 hour days Monday to Thursday - so need to manually change their applications to reflect a day at 10 hours. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability for supervisor to change total Vacation hours per day without declining and requiring employee to submit new request.

When an employee requests 8 hours PTO for a specific day and their normal hours worked for the week is 40 hours, as a supervisor, it would be easier to be able to alter the 8 hours to 7 hours if they have worked 33 hours the remainder of the week. We don't pay more PTO than the normal work week hours. As it is now, we have to decline the request, and have the employee submit a new request for the needed hours. This is done at the time we are trying to process our payroll. The system could…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Time Off Requests

I know this has been mentioned but there needs to be some sort of way to filter through all the time off requests. We need to be able to filter by employee and year. I have to go page by page to find the request to cancel it. There should be no reason to have 2 years back showing up when all I need is the more current time off requests. And being able to edit a time off rather then denying it and having to input it again would be great as well! I wanted to post this idea…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Edit/Search Feature for Time Off

There are many instances in which we need to edit/delete a time off request due to time off utilization. The process now includes searching through 31 (and growing) pages of taken time off requests. There is no order in the list that makes it easy to navigate. All employees regardless of employed dates are included. If an employee quits, all of his time off requests are stored in the program indefinitely.

A search by date and Employee would make it more beneficial for our use.

Editing a time-off request would be a nice addition.

These two items are my biggest…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add the ability to turn off automatic emails when adding or declining (deleting) a PTO request.

We use the PTO functions to take Paid Time Off, Unpaid Time Off, Unexcused Absences, No Work, etc. Our employees do not make their requests using the ClockShark app. Our payroll system tracks our PTO accruals.

Every time we enter a "request" or have to "decline" in order to update an entry, an email is sent to the employee creating a lot of confusion.

Please give us the ability to turn off the auto email function in Time Off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Days off calendar

We have many employees and when we approve time off we need to manually add the time off to a excel vacation calendar we have created so that our manager knows how many people have time off in a day.
    It would be wonderful if we could pull a report that would have a calendar view of who has time off upcoming. Maybe a monthly view that we can look at when approving more time off and scheduling employees to work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automatic PTO Accrual Increase after Tenure

I have 3 separate PTO accrual policies and they are all based on tenure at the company. Currently, I have to track when each employee started and manually change their PTO accrual policy when they reach a certain Tenure period. It would be great if I could put in a date and it would automatically change their PTO accrual rate when they reach that date. I have already had employees get mad at me for not changing their PTO accrual rate after 1 year. Then I have to go back and calculate how much they should have. Small feature but…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Easy way to find our running total of PTO

I'm not finding a way to see what my PTO total is? If there is one can you point me in the right direction to find it? If not can you please add one so we know what our totals are

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to enter the exact time off whether sick or vacation time. And not just by the quarter

Be able to enter the exact time off taken. If someone takes an hour and 10 minutes of vacation time, I want to be able to enter it that way. Otherwise, I have to enter it as 1 hour or 1 hour and 15 minutes. Neither one of those obviously being accurate and then messes reporting how much vacation or sick time they have left.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to edit an approved PTO without declining and starting over

I am looking for the ability to edit PTO that is already approved. Right now I have to decline the PTO and then redo it to fix it if an employee changes the time they took off. I would prefer this ability in the timesheet. I now have to go find the exact request.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Stephanie, thanks for sharing your feedback!

I think this idea could be valuable for lots of companies. Not only being able to edit time off from the timesheets, but also adding it and possibly deleting it.

With as many ideas as we receive, and limited work time, let’s see if this idea will pick up some traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

18. Time Off Policy - Allow for Multiple, Inconsecutive Days in Single Request

When submitting a time off request, it currently only allows for a date range. It would be convenient to allow for a selection of multiple days (i.e. Friday, Monday & Tuesday -- and exclude the weekend, since they are not working days for us).

At the time, the only way around it is to submit two separate requests. One for Friday, and one for Monday & Tuesday. Issue being that most of our field guys only submit a single request for Friday - Tuesday, which appears logical to them, but accounts for Saturday & Sunday -- which again, are not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey there Nisael, thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us!

First of all, this is definitely a good idea I know lots of people would benefit from.

It is currently possible when creating a request and selecting the “partial days” option. This allows you to select a half-day one day, full day the next, no hours the next day, etc. See the attached image.

However, we are in the process of adding a better experience for this. In the future, if the request spans the weekend we’ll have a “exclude weekends” option that will do all this for you. So that is something we’ll be adding. I can keep you up to date when the work starts on it.

19. Add Filter to time off request section, there need to be a "canceled" drop down selection.

In the time off request section, there need to be a "canceled" drop down selection to go along with "Pending, Approved, Declined, and Taken." Currently the only way I can see if someone canceled an approved time off that hasn't actually been taken yet is via email that it was canceled. The emails get lost in the request for time off emails. I need to be able to pull a report or have this feature to see history of canceled time off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Robert, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

This is an interesting workflow we currently have. We’ll make sure to take a look at this and see how we can improve.

Do you think treating the employee cancellation as a declined request would help?

20. Ability to assign holidays to a PTO policy so that users receive them automatically

How do we enter holidays? Is it possible to set them up and then everyone automatically gets them or the admin can tell who gets paid for them?

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  JT Abbott responded

Hey Betsy, at the moment you have a couple different options for entering in holidays:

1. You can add time off manually by going to Time > Time Off > Requests > +Add Time Off. You can create a policy called “Holiday” or whatever policy you want to use.
    2. You can also add a policy for each holiday to keep track of them that way.
    3. Or you can have the employees request the holiday off and approve them.

These are all less than ideal, but the good news is we are actually working on this feature! So soon we will do exactly what you suggested. You’ll be able to set them up in a policy and the users will just have them automatically filled.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base