Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

490 results found

1. Attachments in the Schedule Feature

Allow the attaching of documents to a scheduled job so that the crew members working can access this information. This would be like work orders, detials and instructions for the worker in the field.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

2. hour budget

once hourly budget depletes for a client (job) can add new or additional budget in for job without having to create a new job

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hi, Robin! Thanks for sharing your suggestion here on ClockShark’s voting page: we love to get your feedback. Great observation about the hours budget: if you ever need that reset for an individual job, our engineering team would be happy to do that for you, but having the ability to do that from the website directly would be helpful too.

Let’s let folks support your idea and vote, and we’ll look to add this in a future feature update. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions, Robin.

3. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for the suggestion, Jordan, and for posting it so others can vote on it. We’ll keep this one under watch.

Out of curiosity, did you know that you can repeat a shift for up to 180 days out? This might be a workaround so that the next month, the same jobs are already in the calendar and you can edit them there. Feel free to let me know if that helps. Our customer success team is available at 1.800.828.0689 if you have any other questions too.

4. I would like a report that shows the actual time an employee punches in vs. the time they are being marked in when using quarter hr rounding

We use quarter hour rounding in ClockShark. We would like a report showing the actual time an employee punches in vs. the quarter hour they are being paid for, along with a variance. We believe some of our employees may be taking advantage of the quarter hour rounding and want an easy way to identify this.

Than you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

This is a great suggestion! If you’d like to see it added to ClockShark, feel free to vote for it below!

5. Be able to choose what days are shown on the schedule page

It would be helpful to adjust the company settings so that the work week is Monday through Friday. I don't like seeing Saturday and Sunday on the calendar, and when you're setting up a repeating schedule for 3 weeks in a row at a certain job, right now I have to check the box for "weekly", and then select M, T, W, Th, Fri individually because if I just select "daily" then it schedules the weekend as well.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll be introducing pay periods very soon, so feel free to check back in to see if that helps. :)

You can always reach me at cliff@clockshark.com if you have any other questions or ideas.

6. Allow minimum hours for showing up and clocking in on site.

Allow the app to automatically apply a minimum number of hours when clocking in. In many states, if not nationally, we already have to pay a minimum number of hours just for showing up. Being an inspection firm we charge a 4-hour minimum and this is passed to the employee in their pay. If clockshark could automatically apply this rule (with a minimum amount option) it would significantly decrease the time spent on payroll for us.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

This is a great suggestion, Brian. I remember being paid for a minimum of 2 hours in certain states, so your suggestion make perfect, logical sense. Let’s let other folks vote on it so we can understand if this is a widespread need and something we need to build for you.

7. Triple Time

Facility to add 3 x time hourly rate for hours worked pass midnight

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Hi, Lee! :) Thanks for sharing your idea here on ClockShark’s Suggestion Forum. We love to hear your feedback. As folks vote and support your idea, we’ll look to add it in a future update.

8. Custom titles in the calendar

My company does a lot of service work, small repair work that takes 1-2 hours. Its a pain to add a new job for each of these so we have a job called service work that we use when scheduling and for clocking in and out. I would be nice to add custom titles to calendar entries to have each customers name and not just the entry of service work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Hey, Keelan, thanks for posting this idea on our Voting Page. Getting a little more granular with how the scheduler works is a great idea. Let’s let folks add their votes to it here, and we’ll consider this in a future update! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions.

9. automatic clock out options

an option to automatically clock employees out after a specific time of day instead of "after 23 hours" (ie. automatically clock John doe out after 8pm). That way they can clock in the next morning if an admin doesn't catch it in time.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thank you for sharing your idea, and allowing folks to have a forum to support and vote for it. We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support.

Great suggestions spread like wildfire. With enthusiastic support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting. :)

10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Hi, Jordan. Thanks for posting your idea to the Voting Page. Currently, if an employee is clocked in, then beside their name on the timesheets, it will indicate their in-progress status, but it doesn’t show the accruing time in their timesheet until they clock out.

Your suggestion is a really great one: sometimes it would be convenient to see it in the calendar box, and have it appear in a different color. Let’s let folks vote on this suggestion, and we’ll consider it for a future update. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas, Jordan.

11. Time Sheet Filter for Multiple Employees in Time Sheet View

Time sheet filter to view two or more employee's time sheets as opposed to just one one employee's time sheet at a time.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for the suggestion, Megan. Out of curiosity, are you alluding to the mobile app, or the website? In the Web Site, you can view employees by department and location groupings. In the app, you can see just one employee’s timesheet at a time.

12. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

13. Quarterly scheduling

I would love to be able to add my jobs that are done on a quarterly schedule, it currently only allows for weekly/monthly repeat scheduling.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for sharing this idea in the Voting Forum, Tracy. We look forward to seeing how other users respond to it. We’re committed to implementing the ideas with the most votes. Feel free to let us know if you have any other suggestions or ideas!

14. Attachment notice (paperclip) Added to the Job Detail Report

I have attachments added by an employee I would like to have the paper clip on the job detail report so its a red flag that there are attachments . The notes show up but not the paper clip. I realize the photos will not be there but again its a red flag to the billing dept. to pull those and add them to our quickbooks invoice

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for this great idea, Laurie. You’re the voice of many with this idea, and we will be looking at an innovative way to provide you with the notes/attachments your employee include so that you don’t have to flit back and forth between the reports and the e-timesheets.

Thanks for posting your idea here: we’ll post an update as soon as enough votes collect and we go ahead and build that for you.

15. Option to print notes in the shift assignment when you print schedule

Printing the notes in the shift assignment on the scheduler when you print out the schedule would give you a more accurate schedule to look at and refer to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

16. Edit Entire crews time sheets at once

We need to be able to edit multiple employee time sheets at once. If I have a crew leader clocking in and out for entire crew, I want to be able to edit the entire crews time at once. If we set up departments, I would like to click on that department and give a clock in and a clock out time for a day and it is distributed to all time sheets for that day in that department.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

17. Scope of Work Access/Punch List/To Do List

Our employees would appreciate a link to access the scope of work. Currently there is a limit to the length and it is also not user friendly. Even better would be a way to check off the punch list as they complete the tasks.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Still really like this idea, and it has a ton of uses. Would be really nice to keep more information in once space.

As we continue to grow and expand our job functionality I could definitely see this becoming a feature. Please keep voting and giving us your feedback!

18. Schedule by distance for better fuel mileage

When scheduling, see suggestion for when my guys will be in that area

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

This is a great idea, and really pushes at an automated, intuitive scheduling tool that can make suggestions based on employee locations.

We’re excited to see how other customers respond to this idea, so please vote, folks. We will want to consider this for a future update.

19. Add the ability to insert a note on a specific day, without having to add time. Such as when an employee takes a vacation day or is sick.

For example,
    John Smith, did not work. On vacation today.
    or John Smith, did not work. Took personal day.
    Something to have a reference for that particular day.

276 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

Thanks for sharing your support for this idea here! As support continues to mount for this idea, our development team will plan how to bring this to you in ClockShark. :)

Reading this idea, and all the comments below, I can see that the consensus is that administrators would like a way to designate an Off/Holiday/PTO day, without having to insert any time for an employee. Currently, in ClockShark there is an available workaround that’s equivalent to the feature being requested.

If you’d like to see how to designate that an employee will be taking (or took) a day off, Morgan from our Customer Success team explains how to do that here: https://soapbox.wistia.com/videos/SkNhqgi9Kc

Feel free to let me know if this video is helpful, or if you have any other suggestions/ideas regarding how we can improve ClockShark for you. I love hearing your ideas.

20. Break Rules or Formulas

The option to enter a formula in your preferences that calculates how much of a break is paid/unpaid.

For Instance, my Labor Laws dictate that I have to pay for a 15 minute break for every 4 hours worked, any break beyond that is unpaid.

After clocking out, ClockShark could apply the formula and then put a certain amount of hours in a task called "Unpaid Break", the rest of the hours should have the option to remain with the tasks that were selected when the break button was hit, or to be put in a task called “Paid Break”.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Cliff Mitchell responded

With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base