Skip to content

ClockShark Website

Please let us know your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, and feedback related to the clockshark.com website. You may vote on existing suggestions, or create your own. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you need help with your account, check out our online help, or get in touch with our five-star support team!

Phone Support: 1-800-828-0689 
(Sun-Thurs 6am-11pm, Friday- 6am - 5pm, Saturday- 7am - 4pm Pacific) US and Canada Only.

From outside the USA open a support ticket, chat with us via the website, or email us at hello@clockshark.com to setup an international call.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

66 results found

1. Sort by first name alphabetically - Timesheet and Employee Reports

Please add the function so that we can choose the timesheet and the employee reports sorted by either first or last name alphabetically.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey there, thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

2. Track wage increases

Allow the option to track dates of pay raises for each employee. Right now, pay rate reports are only run based on the wage that is currently entered into the system for each employee. This makes any sort of long-term reporting virtually useless, as there's no way it can be accurate if even just one of the employees you're running the report for received a raise within the timeframe you're running the report.

The only way to make it accurate is to set the date ranges to match each timeframe the employee worked at a certain wage, go into their…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hello again Angela, thanks for your detailed feedback it is super useful to hear what challenges you are facing and why.

The Pay Rate is used on the Pay Rate report which is great for simple calculations but definitely falls short for more complex ones like you mention.

Are you running this report for a job over multiple years frequently?

We tend to prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. If this becomes a popular request, we will build it!

3. It would be great to be able to run a report to see which access controls are assigned to employees.

Be able to run a report that would show which tasks are assigned to an employee. Presently you can only see if they punch in with that task. I am currently having to go task by task to see who is assigned. Not all employees use a task daily when clocking.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, thanks for your feedback and votes on this idea!

I definitely think it would be really useful to gain quick access to see who has access to what. That way you would be able to see who has access to certain Jobs and Tasks, or even vice versa.

With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

4. ALLOW TIME PUNCH DATA TO BE EDITABLE FROM WITHIN THE REPORTS

Based on our use of the CS system, it would save a tremendous amount of time to be able to run a report and then be able to access and more importantly edit the time punch data from within the report, i.e., change Job/Task/punch time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Kimberly, thanks for sharing your idea with us.

I can see how this workflow could work better for companies versus just edit from the timesheets page.

5. Audit reports that shows when Admin has to edit by employee

For instance, now the Audit report now only shows when time is approved listing the employees' names. It would good to see when the timesheet entries are edited by employee or for which employee was edited. (We want to keep track of who is using the app correctly for bonus purposes without having to write it down every time) Few edits by admin vs. a lot or all the time = lazy) ;)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Christina thanks for reaching out to us with your idea!

I can definitely see how this could be used to increase efficiency among other things. With limited work time and lots of ideas, we prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. Let keep the votes coming and we will build this!

6. Add Cumulative totals

On the job summary report, add a column of cumulative totals in addition to date range selected. Example, i want to see hours used per job during last pay period, but would be great to also see total hours for that job.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey again Cheryl, thanks for sharing your feedback and a specific example as well.

This is an interesting idea that could be looked at in a lot of different ways.

Let’s get some more support for this idea and we can explore it.

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Bridget thanks for the feedback. Just to get some more specifics, what summary report are you referring to? We do have the Employees Summary, Jobs Summary, Tasks Summary, and then newer Quick Summary report. Would you just like the total break time listed somewhere?

Thanks for any additional information!

8. I would like to see an overview map

I would like to be able to log into the app/web and see a map of where all my guys have been. if I've had crews out for several hours, I would like to see a map of every location that has been covered. not just a map of who's currently clocked in. This would be a huge help to my dispatch team

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Lou, thanks for sharing your idea and feedback.

A map that shows all locations and movement for the day, almost like a historical log for the day could be pretty interesting.

9. Audit Log Export with Details

The ability to export an audit log that would show changes in a CSV Format.

Being able to see how logs in and when, and what changes they make is a great control component and would be more efficient than reviewing each edit from the timesheet.

Also it would allow for larger companies to determine areas of opportunity and address accordingly with their staff.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Wayne, thanks for the feedback and information for this idea.

A CSV report of this information would be super handy I’m sure for lots of companies especially as they start to grow.

10. Need daily hours alongside the Pay rate report or pay rate on the Timesheets report

Pay rate report needs detail hours of employee besides dollar amount

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Juan, thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Seems like this could be solved either by providing more details on the Pay Rate report like you were saying or by providing the total amount of dollars on the Timesheets report since that has the rest.

11. Running a report in job screen

It would be nice to run a report without having to go to "Reports". It would be very convenient if you could run a report from the 3 dot menu next to a job and/or within the job view. The report could be a simple 365 day report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thanks for the feedback Dylan!

I could definitely see this being useful and I think there is a lot we could expand on there.

12. Download schedule data as CSV .

Would like to be able to filter schedule by job and employee and download into CSV.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thanks for sharing your idea and feedback with us Joan!

We don’t have a CSV option for the schedules yet, but on the schedules page, right next to the week view drop down, there is a print button. You can use this button to obviously print but also you can use it to save the schedule as a PDF file to your computer.

The CSV would definitely be a little bit easier to customize exactly how you want it, but the PDF is better than a screenshot a lot of times.

13. Quick Summary Pay Rate Report. I would be nice to be able to see a summary of the pay rate by week group by job/employee/task.

I would like to be able to modify more the pay rate report. I would like to see the total expenses on all jobs in a week in one report. Currently i have to print out a few pages to see it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Thanks for sharing your feedback and idea with us. I think a quick summary to track the total cost on a set of jobs across a date range would be really valuable.

14. Report of unapproved time

It would be very helpful to be able to run a report of unapproved time. If an employee enters time after time has been approved, the admin may not be aware of that employee's time. Running a report of unapproved time would hopefully catch any time that has not been approved for a specific time period.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Mariann, thanks for providing your idea and feedback!

Just wanted to see if you were aware of our “Unapproved Time” notification we have? This can actually email you and create an error on the timesheets whenever time is synced over to a period that has already been approved.

We make these times zero by default so the weekly/daily total is not messed up by this new unapproved time. So any report on this time would just be zero. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions or requests for this!

15. Create a biweekly report for payoll

I would like a report that has job totals for a two week period. Currently, I have to print two week reports and add them together. Also, this should be able to be downloaded loaded in a “pretty” report that I do not have to manipulate before working on it.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Happy to say that the “Last 2 Weeks” option is back for exporting and the reports.

Other than that, I do think the biweekly option for the Timesheets report in particular is a great idea!

Let’s keep the votes coming and we can look into getting this built!

16. Being able to print timesheets including the notes employees leave

Being able to print timesheets from the reports menu that include the notes employees leave.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey everyone, thanks for sharing the support for this idea.

Just wanted to grab more information for this idea. Specifically how you would like the notes to be formatted. Would you want the notes on the same page as the report and just underneath, or would you prefer them to just start on a new page? Also just listed out in a log form? With this report there isn’t a great way to put the reports with the specific shift since it just adds everything up by the day. Thanks for any feedback!

17. Timesheet Report Printing Option: Ability to sort and print by department in one batch vs needing to print department by department

Timesheet Report Printing Option: Ability to sort and print by department in one batch vs needing to print department by department

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey again Wendy! Thanks for sharing your idea with the community.

I think this could be super useful on even more reports for larger companies or even anyone with lots of departments.

18. Employee Contact Reports

Allow me to pull reports and quickly see employee "information" details (i.e. user/password, hourly rate). It is annoying to have open each employee profile to verify that the hourly rate is correct or get phone numbers. It would also be nice to be able to add Job Titles

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Nicole, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I can definitely see how a quick report to get the employee password, email, role, and other information would be super useful.

We prioritize all suggestions with the most traction and support. With great support, this idea will become one of our upcoming feature releases, so please keep voting!

19. Run reports for active and inactive jobs/projects

We as a customer/user of clock shark we should be able to generate a report using “active” and/or “inactive” Job/projects for a particular vendor

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Morgan Cassady responded

Thanks for the great suggestion! Let’s let folks vote with you on this idea, and our development team can look to add it to ClockShark in a future update if it gathers support. Of course, if you have any other suggestions or ideas, please just let me know @ morgan@clockshark.com. :)

20. Monthly time sheet for each employee Report

Hi there,

I need to run a monthly time sheet report for my employees from the Reports section, It would make my life simplified, and cut alot of time, if I could have the report in an monthly format than just weekly CSV or PDF.

Please.

Thanks

Bernard

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    JT Abbott responded

Hey Bernard, thank you so much for providing this idea and letting others have an area to comment and vote!

I would love to get a little more detail on exactly what you are looking for. Are you wanting a monthly format for all employee reports? Specifically the employee details, employee summary, timesheets, and maybe pay rate report? Or just a certain report?

Are you trying to just get a quick total of the hours, or are you wanting it broken by job and task? And what are you using this information for? I know that was a lot of questions, thanks for any more feedback!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base